Great game! Passed by 200%. I found an opportunity to fly to the finish line in 15 seconds. Cool
AV-Runner (Alpha Demo)
A downloadable game for Windows
Enjoy the movement in this first person parkour-platforming game. Jump; slide; run on walls. Go wherever you want, however you want:
- You want to reach the exit as fast as possible?
- You want to collect and clean everything?
- You just want to run around without being bothered?
The purpose of this short demo is to showcase the core gameplay and gather feedback on the movement mechanics, but also the game in general.
As the game is still in Alpha, much of the content is WIP, missing (SFX, music) or cut for this demonstration.
You're feedback is most welcome!
(you can provide feedback in the comments or by filling out this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18D0LoGGAAOV6GXdXoUK0PUSnE5JQX3oC0FMmXuoeKTA/ )
(Made with Unreal Engine 4)
- air-control, sliding, wall-running
- dynamically growing environment
- freedom to choose how you want to play
- dynamic checkpoints and rewind mechanic
- customization: HUD elements, gameplay help, color scheme, skyboxes, difficulty
- accessibility: color-blind support, time dilation, simplified/automated controls, input rebinding, gamepad support (WIP), low-end graphic options
- when in doubt: jump! You can jump further than you might think.
- if you struggle with wall-running, check the Quick Setup for an easier input option
- gamepad support is still in early development and might hamper the experience; mouse&keyboard is recommended
- many options such as help-texts can be turned off!
- if you're experiencing low fps, consider turning down/disabling shadows, (planar) reflections and resolution scale, in addition to the Low End graphic options
- if you have the Windows-Taskbar anchored on the left or top, and you Alt+Tab or press the Windows button (or anything that lets the game window lose focus), the mouse cursor might be offset in such a way, that you cannot properly press menu buttons; a quick fix for this is the red button in the main menu, in the top left corner. (if this doesn't work: try to manually change the resolution back and forth and/or the windowed mode)
- same as above, but when your windowed mode is set to borderless the taskbar will remain visible; right now the only way to fix this is to: 1) exit the game 2) change the taskbar anchor to bottom or right 3) start the game
- some low-end machines have trouble with changing the fullscreen mode, causing a crash. Just restart the game, the settings are then applied.
If you experience any bugs, you can report these here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Rx7lWorplflBiv8pmwnTYYO7BGIWbzguubmZORODUyM/
Unzipped size: 1 GB
Recommended: GTX 1050-Ti / RX 470, 4 GB RAM
Minimum: (tested on notebooks from 2011 at ultra low settings)
|Genre||Platformer, Action, Racing|
|Made with||Unreal Engine|
|Tags||3D Platformer, Fast-Paced, First-Person, Non violent, Parkour, Relaxing, Singleplayer, wall-running|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls, High-contrast|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
you still working on the game?
looks cool asf
This is cool, I really like that circle/triangle thing that shows where you going to land, is there any tutorials on how one could make something like that?
What I did was simply predicting where the player is going to land (UE4 has a function "Predict Projectile Path by TraceChannel"), and then update the particle emitter's location.
It might not be 100% accurate and is a little performant heavy, but works for now.
I was trying to replicate the projectile prediction from Titanfall 2, but no idea how they did it.
hey i need to download this seems interesting................ can i have the download link pls?
Hi! I've unlocked the download. Have fun :)
IS THIS 32 BIT
First off, I love the visuals. Really beautiful design. Plus the option to change the color scheme is an awesome addition!
Only complaint is that movement, though smooth, is hard to work with when trying to gain height or jump from wall to wall. Thanks for making this game!
Hey, there's no download link.